Gozi Trojan analysis
SecureWorks have posted analysis of another Trojan that used to to steal SSL/TLS encrypted data transfered from the victimized PC.
A single attack by a single variant compromises more than 5200 hosts and 10,000 user accounts on hundreds of sites.
- Steals SSL data using advanced Winsock2 functionality
- State-of-the-art, modularized Trojan code
- Spread through IE browser exploits
- Undetected for weeks, months by many AV vendors
- Customized server/database code to collect sensitive data
- Customer interface for on-line purchases of stolen data
- Accounts compromised by stealing data primarily from infected home PCs
- Accounts at top financial, retail, health care, and government services affected
- Data’s black market value at least $2 million
Full article is here.