IEEE eCrime Researchers Summit 2010
The fifth IEEE eCrime Researchers Summit 2010 (http://ecrimeresearch.org) will be held in conjunction with the 2010 APWG General Meeting between October 18-20, 2010 at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX.
Topics of interest include:
* Phishing, rogue-AV, pharming, click-fraud, crimeware, extortion and emerging attacks.
* Technical, legal, political, social and psychological aspects of fraud and fraud prevention.
* Malware, botnets, ecriminal/phishing gangs and collaboration, or money laundering.
* Techniques to assess the risks and yields of attacks and the success rates of countermeasures.
* Delivery techniques, including spam, voice mail and rank manipulation; and countermeasures.
* Spoofing of different types, and applications to fraud.
* Techniques to avoid detection, tracking and takedown; and ways to block such techniques.
* Honeypot design, data mining, and forensic aspects of fraud prevention.
* Design and evaluation of user interfaces in the context of fraud and network security.
* Best practices related to digital forensics tools and techniques, investigative procedures, and evidence acquisition, handling and preservation.
Important dates: (11:59pm US EDT)
Full paper and RIP (Research in Progress) paper submissions due: June 30, 2010
Paper notification: Aug 1, 2010
Poster submissions due: August 29, 2010
Poster notifications: September 5, 2010
Conference: October 18-20, 2010
Camera ready due: October 27, 2010
For more information on the submission process, visit